Scope of Work:
- Project included the clearing and grubbing of approximately 0.25 acres.
- Installation of 100 feet of turbidity curtain around the entire work area.
- Within the turbidity curtain demolition of the existing concrete boat launch and near shore sediment dredging occurred in order to achieve the depths and elevations required to install the new concrete boat launch ramp.
- Installation of new concrete boat launch ramp. The lower portion of the launch ramp was installed using a push slab construction method. The 35’x 20’ x 8” concrete slab was constructed adjacent to the launch location and allowed to cure. After 7 days the slab was slowly pushed into the river. The upper portion of the launch ramp and the concrete dock abutments were poured in place.
- As part of the project, floating docks were installed and gravel and asphalt parking was constructed. A kiosk was built and various fencing was constructed along with landscaping of the entire site.
- During the construction of the project, the area suffered a 100 year flood. The flood destroyed the turbidity curtains deposited hundreds of tons of silt across the entire work area. Even with this damage and delay, the project was completed on time and under budget.